9 Story Media Group
9 Story Media Group (formerly 9 Story Entertainment) is a Canadian animation studio founded on September 1, 2002 by Steven Jarosz and Vince Commisso, based in Toronto, Ontario. On October 10, 2014, it was rebranded as 9 Story Media Group, soon after Neil Court became an equity investor in the company along with Zelnick Media.
|1st Logo (April 12, 2004-January 25, 2008)||2nd Logo (September 25, 2006-2013)||3rd Logo (2013-2018)||4th Logo (November 21, 2018-)|
1st Logo (April 12, 2004-January 25, 2008)
Logo: On a teal background, a white abstract "9" draws in. Multiple blue 9's of various size and shape then draw in, forming a circle. As this happens, the same "9" then forms a cote-out in the circle and "9 STORY" draws in with a similar effect. "E N T E R T A I N M E N T" then appears below.
- A still version exists, with the logo being smaller and either in-credit or on a teal or sky blue background.
- There is also another in-credit variant seen on Skyland where the "9" is white.
- A warp-speed version exists, which ironically is more common.
Technique: 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: The closing theme of the show.
Availability: Uncommon. Can be found on season 3 of Max & Ruby, Skyland on Teletoon and Peep and the Big Wide World on TVOKids and DVD. Currently, this logo is being plastered by the next logo on episodes from the first two seasons of Peep and the Big Wide World when they air on PBS Kids.
2nd Logo (September 25, 2006-2013)
Logo: Same as before, but the "9" is smaller and blue on a white background, but becomes the same after it fills in. However, the text "9story" now appears in a Times New Roman font, draws in with an outline then fills in with orange, being much larger than before. "ENTERTAINMENT" wipes in below.
- On Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, the logo can be seen next to the Out of the Blue Enterprises logo.
- On Wild Kratts, the logo can be seen on an orange background on top of the Kratt Brothers Company logo.
- On Best Ed, the logo is in a white box on the background of the credits.
- Like the previous logo, it has a warp-speed version, which is also much more common than the regular one.
- On season 3 of Peep and the Big Wide World, a rare version exists where the logo is in the position of the next logo, and it is also in warp speed. On PBS Kids airings, this is plastered by the regular version.
- A still version exists.
Technique: 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme of the show or none.
Music/Sounds Variant: On early episodes of Pound Puppies (starting with "Nightmare on Pound Street"), the second-half of the Paul & Joe Productions theme plays over it.
Availability: Common. Can be seen on Wild Kratts, later episodes of Peep and the Big Wide World, Futz!, Best Ed, early episodes of Pound Puppies, seasons 4-5 of Max & Ruby, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Survive This, Almost Naked Animals, early episodes of Fugget About It, and seasons 16-18 of Arthur, among others.
3rd Logo (2013-2018)
Logo: On a white background, we see a cartoon hand holding a paintbrush with blue paint on it. The hand then paints the same "9" as before, but redesigned to no longer have the spiral on the end. The words "story" and "ENTERTAINMENT" fade in and in the same font as the previous logo, but with the colors inverted. The latter word shines.
- Starting in 2014, "MEDIA GROUP" is in place of "ENTERTAINMENT", and in a different font.
- A still version exists, which sometimes slowly zooms in.
- On Wild Kratts, the same variant from before is used, but the "ENTERTAINMENT" text is blue.
- On 9 Story Media Group's official YouTube channel, the logo lacks motion blur.
- On Peg + Cat, a still in-credit logo appears along with the 9 Ate 7 Productions logo.
- On episodes of Nature Cat from this era, the logo is in warp speed once more.
Technique: 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: The closing theme of the show or none.
Availability: Common. Can be seen on Wild Kratts, Peg + Cat, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Fugget About It, seasons 18-20 of Arthur, Numb Chucks, Nerds and Monsters, and the remastered prints of Garfield and Friends. Can also be spotted on seasons 1-3 of Nature Cat and season 1-2 of The Magic School Bus Rides Again.
4th Logo (November 21, 2018-)
Logo: On a white background, we see an abstract "9", consisting of 9 triangles with 3 of each in a different shade of blue. Below it, the word "9 S T O R Y" can be seen, with "MEDIA GROUP" below. The logo slowly backs away as the "9" and "9 S T O R Y" shine.
- The logo usually appears in-credit, with lighter colors.
- On Angela's Christmas Wish, the logo animates differently. A blue cube transforms into the "9" and the logo slowly zooms out. Like the in-credit version, the logo's colors are lighter.
- It sometimes shares the screen with the Brown Bag Films logo or other logos.
Technique: 3D animation.
Music/Sounds: The end theme of the show, silent or a shining sound when the logo shines.
Availability: Current. It debuted on Let's Go Luna!, and has since appeared on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (starting with the episodes "Daniel Learns to Ask First" and "Friends Ask First"), Charlie's Colorform City, Wild Kratts (starting with season 6), Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum, Blue's Clues & You!, the 2019 series of Clifford the Big Red Dog, Rosie's Rules, and The Magic School Bus Rides Again (starting with the special "Kids in Space"), among many others. This logo is yet to appear on Dylan and Ladybird Lu.