24 Hour Productions
24 Hour Productions was a television production company founded around 1990 by Charlie Parsons and Waheed Alli to produce The Word. In 1992, they merged with Planet Pictures to form Planet 24.
1st Logo (24 August 1990-1991)
Logo: On a moving psychedelic and curvy dark blue-black background, we see a lime box containing a cut out of the words "24 HOUR" in a stacked format above the bottom text "PRODUCTIONS". Underneath it reads:
for channel four
© channel four television (year)
- The transition of this logo may vary:
- Sometimes, the logo may simply slide from the top or the right.
- The logo may drop down and briefly bounce up.
- One episode of The Word, specifically episode 24, has everything in place except for the logo, which zooms out and hits the screen, shaking it.
- Wordsearch simply has the logo fade in.
- The color scheme for this logo has varied with the background in a blue-black and green-pink color scheme and the logo in orange and blue respectively.
- A still version exists.
Technique: The background waving and the transition of the logo.
Music/Sounds: During the transition, a whoosh and then a bang is heard, followed by a deep voice saying "Word!". The ending theme of the programme stops playing when the bang is heard.
Music/Sounds Variant: Sometimes, the ending theme plays throughout the logo, either with the sounds intact or not.
Availability: Only seen on series 1 of The Word and Wordsearch.
2nd Logo (1991-1992)
Logo: On a white background consisting of multiple sliding copies of a still picture consisting of a man playing a flute, the logo from before, now purple and inside a white box, zooms out slightly bounces back and forth with the copyright notice fading in after zooming out.
Technique: The background sliding, the logo zooming out, and the text fading in.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme of the programme.
Availability: Only seen on series 2 of The Word.