World of Wonder
World of Wonder is an American production company founded by Randy Barbato and Fenton Bailey in Los Angeles, California in 1991. The company specializes in documentary television and film productions with a key focus on sexuality, erotica, and the sexual subculture, especially LGBTQ programming.
1st Logo (1991-1993)
Logo: This is simply a print globe with the text
- On Manhattan Cable, the text was reworded to include Panoptic Productions and Channel 4's name, now reading "A WORLD OF WONDER/PANOPTIC PRODUCTION FOR CHANNEL FOUR". Additionally, a Channel 4 copyright notice is added below.
- On Ring My Bell, the text "WORLD OF WONDER" and "PANOPTIC" are wrapped over and underneath the globe respectively with two stars separating the two. The globe is also gray.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme of the show.
Music/Sounds Variant: On Ring My Bell, the sound of a dial tone is heard throughout the logo.
Availability: Extinct. Was seen on an episode of America Undercover during this time as well as Manhattan Cable and Ring My Bell.
2nd Logo (1996-February 18, 2007)
Logo: We see the planet Earth on a black background. Then it shakes and we see white lines in it and the electric turns it into a silver line earth with the black bar with the words "WORLD OF WONDER" appear.
- On The Eyes of Tammy Faye, we see American singer Tammy Faye Messner holding a silver necklace of the earth then it transitions into the earth and zooming in with the animation playing as normal.
- A short version of this logo exists.
- A still version of this logo exists.
- On The Secret Rulers of the World, the logo appears alongside the Channel 4 logo.
Technique: The planet earth moving with electric storming.
Music/Sounds: The sound of the planet moving with a rumbling sound and electric storming sounds. Sometimes, the end theme plays over it.
Availability: Rare. It can be seen on films and TV shows from this period such as The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Juror #5: 58 Days of Duty in the OJ Civil Trial, and TV's Most Censored Moments.
3rd Logo (March 9, 2007-)
Logo: On a black background, multiple objects in a gold color are seen flying around and merging together. Zooming out, they form a simplified globe while "WORLD OF WONDER" fades in via dissolve effect.
- The logo is superimposed during split-screen credits of RuPaul's Drag Race.
- A still version exists.
- A long version exists where the objects are slowly flying while the logo forms as it shines. After the formation, the globe explodes and the logo's letters turn to dust.
- A shortened version exists where the logo simply shines.
- On God Shave the Queens, the logo appears above the BBC logo.
Technique: The objects flying and the dissolve effect.
Music/Sounds: Various sound effects accompanied by a three-note dramatic orchestra tune; with a reversed cymbal at the final one note.
- Sometimes, the end theme plays over it or none.
- The long version has more sounds with four notes of the tune and a explosion noise.
Availability: Common. It can be seen on RuPaul's Drag Race, Real Estate Wars, Queen of the Universe, Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness, and many other TV shows and films from this period. The long version can be found on some RuPaul's Drag Race UK DVDs in the UK, as well as Drag Race Philippines.