Screen Media Ventures
Screen Media Ventures is an independent motion picture distribution company that was founded in 2001. They've released several films on VHS, DVD, VOD, and (starting in 2017) theatrically. They are currently owned by Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment.
1st Logo (2002?-????)
Logo: On a black background, a green filmstrip flies on-screen. Then, a green light powers on and intensifies. The filmstrip freezes on-center, causing the light to dim. 2 oval borders puff in, and a green comet forms the text "Screen Media Films, LLC".
Variant: Sometimes, the green comet becomes a white light that expands to form "Screen Media Ventures, LLC". A still version also exists.
Technique: Computer animation.
- A relaxing 4-note oboe tune with a low synth note...
- ...or a 5-noted synth.
Availability: Uncommon. Seen on home media releases by the company, such as The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. The variant appears on syndicated prints of their films, which can also appear on the official YouTube channel for Popcornflix. This is also used in tandem with the next two logos.
2nd Logo (Late 2000s-)
Logo: On a black background, we see the text "Screen Media, LLC" on top of a red banner saying "F I L M S".
- There is a zoomed in version with a modified font that only stays on screen for three seconds that is more commonly used.
- There is a version with just "Screen Media".
- There is also a variant similar to the one above where the text appears to form through static (a la HBO Entertainment).
- On more recent films, the static version now has the byline "A CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY".
Technique: None or simple 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: None or the opening theme of the movie.
- The initially described logo (see Logo) can only be seen on Tommy and The Cool Mule.
- The first variant is common and can be seen on releases from the company, such as Alex of Venice or Big Baby.
- The version without F I L M S can be seen on films co-distributed with Focus World.
- The static variant can be found on recent releases such as Luz, as well as a ThisTV airing of Mothers and Daughters. The logo with the byline can be seen on Willy's Wonderland and 9 Bullets.
3rd Logo (201?-)
Logo: On a black background, we see a red line being drawn by a red light moving from right to left. The same text from the previous logo appears, and the light dims until only the line and text are visible.
Technique: 2D animation.
Availability: This can be seen on some recent releases from the company, such as On the Ropes.