SIC was launched in 1992 by magazine publisher Impresa, 9 other companies and Brazilian television channel Rede Globo as Portugal's first private channel.
1st Logo (1992-1997)
Logo: We see many clips of Rede Globo footage during that year and the years before, after that we see the SIC logo (a 3D S, I and C, with a trail connnected with the S to C) with a transparent trail, and the ball fades out.
- A short version exists, only with the near end logo.
- The break bumper variant has the trail being always opaque, and only the plot is the 2 sides of the trail.
- During 1996, when the I comes to it's place, it will reverse and forward like a disc from DJs to the tune of Walk this Way by Aerosmith.
- Here are the Rede Globo Clips ranging from the start to the end:
- Rede Globo "Camera Ident"
- Rede Globo "Rainbow Trails"
- Rede Globo "Epson Sphere"
- Rede Globo "Buildings"
- Rede Globo "Tetrahedron Plate"
- Rede Globo "City"
- Rede Globo "Icosahedrons"
- Rede Globo "Sphere Tower"
- Rede Globo "Rainbow Plates"
- Rede Globo's 25 years ident
- Rede Globo "Rainbow Ball Crowd"
- Plates forming both the "S" and "IC"
- The break bumper of the sphere tower ident.
- Rede Globo "Rainbow Gates"
- Rede Globo's 20 years ident
- Rede Globo "Rainbow Slide Trail"
- Rede Globo "Many things, one Globo"
- Rede Globo "Geometry"
- Christmas 1994: We see a black background with ringing bells before panning to the logo.
- Christmas 1995: We see a red background with a waterdrop. The logo is on the bottom-right corner.
Technique: The footage and the logo forming.
Music/Sounds: The campaign's theme.
- It could also use the 1992's Rede Globo ident, only for the short variant. Sometimes, different music can be heard.
- An ascending chime for the break bumper variant.
- A commercial-like beat song with ringing bells for the christmas variant.
2nd Logo (1997-2001)
Logo: We see a blue curtain against a yellow background, and we see a flash, forming the S-C trail and the I trail, to reveal it's an updated SIC logo.
- An alternate variant shows curtains flowing left & right until it reveals the SIC logo.
- A break bumper exists, only showing a translucent S moving to the top-right corner of the screen.
- A special version exists only being the last part extended.
Technique: The curtains and the trail.
Music/Sounds: An orchestratic fanfare.