OutFit7: Difference between revisions
Latest revision as of 23:56, 18 March 2023
OutFit7 (also capitalized as Outfit7 or spaced out as Out Fit 7, or O7 for short) is a Slovenian multinational development company founded in July 2009 and headquartered in Ljubljana. They are best known for their media franchise Talking Tom and Friends. Their apps have been downloaded over 15 billion times. In January 2017, it was acquired by United Luck Consortium and then sold to Zhejiang Jinke for over US$1 billion.
Outfit7 is derived from the word "outfit", which likely describes their apps in a way that they would "fit" their users, leading to their eventual slogan "Apps that fit you", and the number 7, which is likely the number of people involved in the company's founding, specifically Samo Login (the company's founder) and six friends with whom both Samo and Iza Sia Login invested $250,000 (€180,000) to set up an office where they will develop apps.
1st Logo (October 27, 2012)
Logo: The OütFit7 and Arx Anima logos at the time are shown on a black background.
Technique: The logos fade in.
Availability: This logo only appeared at the end of the trailer for Talking Angela.
2nd Logo (June 14, 2013)
Logo: On a white background, we see Tom facing away from the camera with the 2011 OutFit7 logo and copyright text below him. Then, Tom jumps, turns around, poses, and says "Ta-da"! After that, he rotates slightly to the right.
Technique: CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: Tom saying "Ta-da" and a tambourine sound that plays when his feet touch the floor.
Availability: This logo only appeared at the end of a YouTube video called "Talking Friends - 1 Billion App Downloads!".
3rd Logo (September 30, 2013)
Logo: We only see the 2011 OutFit7 logo with the slogan below inside a white gradient background.
Availability: This logo only appeared at the end of the trailer for the Jigty Jigsaw Puzzles.
4th Logo (October 22, 2013)
Logo: On a white background, the 2011 OutFit7 logo fades in. Then, red text saying "created by" pops up letter by letter. After that, the "arx anima" logo fades in at the bottom.
Technique: 2D animation.
Availability: This logo only appeared at the end of the My Talking Tom trailer.
5th Logo (Novemeber 13, 2013-December 9, 2014)
Logo: In a white environment, we see the piece of white cloth with Tom next to it, he blinks and starts to take it off quickly, revealing the 2011 OutFit7 logo, which is glowing. While a pink-peach spotlight shines on the logo, the glow on it dies down. Tom then rests on the O of the logo, and then "created by" types in above the logo.
- Closing "Created by" variant: We see the company name with "created by" above the right part, with Tom resting on the O and checking his right paw while the spotlight still shines on it, he suddenly blinks and notices the camera, then he giggles and waves his right paw.
- Opening "Loved by" variant: Just like the opening variant, except there's no spotlight and "created by" reads "loved by" instead.
- Closing "Loved by" variant: Just like the closing variant, except there's no spotlight and "created by" reads "loved by" instead.
- Sometimes, the Arx Anima logo is seen with this logo.
Technique: CGI animation.
- Opening "Created by" variant: A blip-like "eye blinking" sound, a sound of the Tom gasping, a swoosh followed by the "ta-da" fanfare that sounds like the last note of the 20th Century Fox fanfare combined with the windchime sound, Tom yelling "Woo-hoo!", a boing sound when Tom puts his left paw on the O, and finally a typewriter sound when "created by" or "loved by" types in.
- Opening "Loved by" variant: Same as the "Created by" variant, except without the windchime sound.
- Closing variant: Tom saying "Mmm...", a blip-like "eye-blinking" sound followed by Tom gasping and giggling.
Availability: Seen on Outfit7 videos of its time, including the first 12 episodes of Talking Tom Shorts.
6th Logo (December 4, 2014-2018)
Logo: On a white background, we see Talking Tom's hand with a plate on it. It touches the background and leaves a splat. Tom's hand gets off and we see its white mark. The O zooms out to the left, to give space to the forming letters of the logo, via paint, while the copyright stamp fades in below. The green "7" then pops out of the second T. The colors would vary:
- Usually, the splat and 7 are green and the "Outfit" text is red.
- For Talking Tom and Friends, the splat and 7 are green and the "Outfit" text is purple.
- For Talking Tom, the splat and 7 are purple and the "Outfit" text is citrus.
- For Talking Angela, the splat and 7 are pink and the "Outfit" text is violet.
- For Talking Ginger:
- The splat and 7 are blue and the "Outfit" text is orange,
- The splat and 7 are orange and the "Outfit" text is cyan.
- For Talking Ben, the splat and 7 are brown and the "Outfit" text is green.
- For Talking Pierre, the splat and 7 are green and the "Outfit" text is pink.
- For Talking Larry, the splat and 7 are brown and the "Outfit" text is blue.
- For the Talking Tom game Talking Tom Bubble Shooter, the splat and 7 are green, the "O" is red, the "U" is violet, the first "T" is cerulean, the "F" is red-orange, the "I" is orange, and the second "T" is pink. There is also no copyright text at the bottom.
Technique: A mix of 3D and 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: Tom's hand makes a splat sound, then as the paint forms the logo, it makes a painting sound. Lastly, as the "7" pops out of the "T", a "pop" sound plays
Availability: Not so current, but still common.
- First appeared with the first Talking Ginger variant on Talking Angela's first YouTube video "Welcome to My World!".
- The in-credit version can be seen on Talking Tom and Friends and Talking Tom and Friends Minis.
- The original version along with the original version with the URL were spotted on a YouTube video named "Outfit7" uploaded by Altitude Media, as the said video is now presumably lost.
7th Logo (March 4, 2018-2021)
Logo: On a white background, we see "O7". "O" bounces and punches "7". When it wiggles, the other letters appear, revealing "OUTFiT7".
Variants: Other variants of this logo exist and should be stored within files of revisions of Outfit7 games from this time frame:
- A variant without the copyright text at the bottom exists.
- A vertical variant of the logo (in 9:16), as well as variants of the logo in other aspect ratios like 4:3 and 3:4, all exist.
Technique: Simple, but effective flat animation.
Music/Sounds: When the "O" bounces, whoosh sound, followed by chimes (that match the wiggling).
Music/Sounds Variant: A variant using different music exists. It has been stored in the files of one of Outfit7's games.
Availablity: Seen on old Outfit7 videos.
- First appeared on both the YouTube version of Season 1 Episode 41 of Talking Tom Shorts: "Stinky Dance Panic", and the Talking Angela video "Trying Out Candy Around the World" (also known as "The World of Candy"); both videos were released on the same day.
- Variant without copyright text: Should be stored in Outfit7 game files.
- Variants in other aspect ratios: Should be stored in Outfit7 game files.
- Different music variant: Ultra rare, this was spotted within the files of one (if not few) of Outfit7's games.
8th Logo (October 15, 2019)
9th Logo (May 13, 2020)