Draft:Telekom Romania Mobile Communications
This page is currently being drafted.
It is a work in progress that anyone can edit. Please ensure the page is compliant with our formatting guidelines before submitting.
Telekom Romania Mobile Communications is a Romanian telecommunications company, owned by German operator Deutsche Telekom. It was founded in 1998 as "Cosmorom", a sister company to its parent company at the time Romtelecom and Greek operator Cosmote. It later became the Romanian subsidiary of the latter (named Cosmote Romania), although merged with Romtelecom 9 years later, forming Telekom Romania.
1st Logo (1998-December 6, 2005)
This logo contains an old telephone number. Please do not try to dial it.
Logo: On a white background, we see the Cosmorom logo being revealed with a transition from the ad's offers. Below it we can see the brand's slogan, Un serviciu de cuvânt. The phone number of Cosmorom, alongside the GSM logo, later fade below everything.
- A commercial from October 2000 features the camera spinning around near a 3D render of the Cosmorom symbol on a blue background (which eventually becomes flat) and then later stops. Once it does that the Cosmorom wordmark flashes next to the symbol.
- A shorter version of the commercial endtag above also exists.
- A commercial from November 2000 shows a fade transition between the commercial and the endtag, with the Cosmorom logo, its slogan and the contact information on it. A light also shines on the Cosmorom symbol.
- A commercial from December 2000 has "De sărbători, toată lumea câștigă la" above the Cosmorom logo, its slogan and its contact details. It was aired to show an offer for (fittingly) the winter holidays.
- A commercial from February 2001 has the Cosmorom logo and its slogan zooming closer to the camera. Below it is a small notice and its contact details.
- A commercial from March 2001 has a similar endtag to the ad from February 2001, although the notice is not present and the Cosmorom logo has a shadow.
Technique: 2D animation. Some endtags have 3D CGI.
Music/Sounds: An announcer saying "Cosmorom. Un serviciu de cuvânt."
- An organ-like sound, followed by a chord and the announcer, is played on an ad from October 2000.
Availability: Extinct ever since Cosmorom went defunct. Very few ads of Cosmorom are available online, due to captures of Romanian TV channels at the time being very hard to find. So far, only commercials from 2000 to 2001 are available.
2nd Logo (December 6, 2005-May 2010)
Logo: On a lime background, we see two swooshes, at the top and bottom of the screen, fly to the right of the screen, forming the Cosmote symbol. The symbol zooms in to the screen, revealing the full Cosmote logo, alongside its slogan at the bottom.
- A prototype version, that not only plays out slower, but also lacks the slogan, was supposed to air on an ad in 2005 (presumably December of that year). The ad was scrapped, with figments of it popping up on a different ad that has the endtag plastered by the final logo.
- From 2005 to 2007, the slogan was "In touch with life". It was replaced in June 2007 by "Alături de tine".
- There are also widescreen versions of both the 2005 and the 2007 logos.
- A slower version of the 2005 logo also exists, being very similar to the prototype version.
- Fast versions of both endtags exist.
- On some commercials, the 2005 slogan could've had a thinner version of its font.
- A cut-off version of the 2005 logo exists as well, which starts barely at the zoom.
- On the first commercial of the brand, the two swooshes form during the commercial. When the C is formed, the ad fades to the lime background.
- A different version of the 2005 variant also exists, in which two yellow lines slide at the top and bottom of the screen (and stay on it until the endtag is finished). This version stopped being used in 2006.
- There's also a widescreen version of the "yellow" version.
- A slower version of the "yellow" version exists as well.
- Throughout 2010, a different endtag featuring the Cosmote logo on a stop sign can be seen. A cellphone also slides in next to it.
Technique: 2D computer animation.
Music/Sounds: The announcer saying the company's name and its slogan.
Availability: Extinct. Not used in any commercials anymore. However, commercials for it are pretty easy to find on the internet, unlike Cosmorom.
3rd Logo (May 2010-September 12, 2014)
Logo: On a black background, with two green lights at the top and bottom of the screen, we see the Cosmote logo's letters and parts being formed, spinning around one by one until the logo's animation is finished.
- From 2010 to early 2014, their slogan at the time, "Lumea noastră ești tu", would fade below the logo, in a similar manner to the Greek version.
- In 2014, the color of the background was made slightly lighter and the slogan was dropped.
- There's also a faster version of the 2014 endtag.
- A slower version of the 2014 endtag also exists.
Technique: 3D CGI.
Music/Sounds: The music of the commercial it's played on. The most common sound would be a guitar riff.
Availability: Extinct. Like the previous logos it's not used in any commercials anymore, but at this point Cosmote already had a YouTube channel with ads containing this logo.
Telekom Romania Mobile Communications
4th Logo (September 12, 2014-March 28, 2022)
Logo: On a magenta background, we see the 2013 Deutsche Telekom logo popping up.
- From 2014 to 2017, there would be a transition with boxes appearing closer and closer to the screen. All of them would be in different shades of magenta. Their slogan at the time, "Experiențe împreună", also fades next to the Telekom logo.
- Starting with 2017, the boxes at the beginning of the endtag would be dropped.
- Various endtags with URLs exist.
- There is also an endtag with the 2:2:1 aspect ratio.
- In 2020, the slogan started to appear less frequently.
- An endtag with the Romanian flag started to be used in 2020.
- The 2020 endtag also has a version with the Telekom URL.
- In 2021, the old slogan was replaced with "Mobil așa cum vrei".
Technique: 2D computer animation.
Music/Sounds: The Telekom jingle. Various variants of it were made over time, changing its instruments.
Availability: Extinct. All of these endtags can be found on Telekom's YouTube channel, however, but like the previous ones they don't appear on TV channels anymore.
5th Logo (March 28, 2022-)
Logo: Over the playing commercial, the outline of the 2022 Telekom logo is being formed, getting filled and becoming bigger after a few seconds. A magenta background later appears.
- A wider version exists.
Technique: 2D computer animation.
Music/Sounds: The Telekom jingle.
Availability: Current. Can be found on any channel that airs Telekom ads.