De Passe Jones Entertainment
de Passe Entertainment is an independent production company founded by Suzanne de Passe, a former executive at Motown Records. She also oversaw the record label's Motown Productions film and TV production unit until 1988. In 1992, Motown Productions was merged into de Passe Entertainment. The company was formed in 1987 but did not have a standard logo until 1993. In 2008, Madison Jones joined the company, and the company name was changed accordingly.
de Passe Entertainment
(November 14, 1993-May 26, 2008)
Logo: In a studio background, we see the words:
E N T E R T A I N M E N T
angled to the right.
- On Return to Lonesome Dove, “in association with” fades in below.
- On later HD prints of the company's movies, the logo is zoomed to 16:9.
- On It's Showtime at the Apollo, the logo has a bright blurring effect at the beginning before it dies down to reveal the logo. The spotlight in the near center of the screen briefly flashes and causes a shining effect on the "P" and "a" in "Passe".
Technique: None except for the variant listed above.
Music/Sounds: The show's ending theme or silence.
- On Smart Guy, a 5 note theme plays.
- On the pilot episode of Smart Guy, additional music plays with the 5 note theme.
- On early season 2 episodes of Smart Guy, a 8 note theme plays.
Availability: Common. Seen on Sister, Sister on Fuse, Pluto TV, Netflix and on DVD releases by CBS and VEI, Smart Guy on Disney+ and last aired on BET, and 2002-2008 episodes of It's Showtime at the Apollo, as well as all the Zenon movies. It also appeared on the 1994 TV movie, Someone Else's Child.
de Passe Jones Entertainment
(May 29, 2017-)
Logo: On a black background, we see the box of the silhouette girl holding a boy's foot, as if he is flying away, while he's holding a star shaped kite on the hill. Underneath the blue words read, "DE PASSE JONES ENTERTAINMENT".
- Sometimes, the word "ENTERTAINMENT" is omitted.
- A white background version exists.
Availability: Seen on Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland and Daytime Divas. An animated version can be seen as a splash screen on the company's website.