ABC Video (Australia)
1st Logo (1983-1985)
Logo: It's just the 1984 ID with no video indication whatsoever.
Technique: Same as the 1984 ID.
Music/Sounds: Same as the 1984 ID.
Availability: Extremely rare. Seen on video releases from the era, which have been out of print for decades. One release that had this logo was a 1984 VHS of Tied Test: Australia vs. West Indies Brisbane 1960. It was also seen on the 1983 Documentuary 'The Bradman Era' which was also released on VHS.
2nd Logo (1985-1990)
Logo: It's just the night-time variant of the 1985 ID with no video indication whatsoever.
Technique: Same as the night-time variant of the 1985 ID.
Music/Sounds: Same as the night-time variant of the 1985 ID.
Availability: Rare. Seen on video releases from the era, such as early Thomas The Tank Engine video releases issued between 1987 and 1988.
3rd Logo (1990-2006)
Logo: Same as its TV counterpart, but with "VIDEO" fading in below, and on a purple textile like background, also the logo is slightly smaller.
Variants: There are some known variations, with the appearance of this logo at the start, and/or the cutting/fading out transition after the logo at the end is abrupt on some VHS releases.
- On the 1991 VHS of ABC For Kids: Video Hits, the logo cuts in from black at the beginning and the music begins when the purple textile background starts to move to the left. At the end, the logo slowly fades out for 20 frames of animation.
- On the 1992 VHS of ABC For Kids: Video Hits Vol. 2, the logo fades in from black slowly at the start, and fades out at the end for 12 frames of animation.
- On the 1993 re-print of ABC For Kids: Video Hits and the 1997 VHS of The Wiggles: Wiggledance!, the logo quickly fades in from black at the start for 6 frames of animation, and cuts to black at the end.
- On ABC For Kids: Live In Concert and the 1993 VHS of Wiggle Time! The Wiggles Video, the logo fades in from black at the start, and fades out at the end for 8 frames of animation.
- On the 1994 VHS of The Wiggles: Yummy Yummy!, the logo fades in from black at the start, and cuts to black at the end.
- On the 1995 VHS of The Wiggles: Big Red Car and the 1996 VHS of The Wiggles: Wake Up Jeff!, the logo fades in from black for 8 frames at the start, and cuts to black at the end.
- On the 1997 VHS of The Wiggles: Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas, after the G rating, the logo abruptly fades in from black for 7 frames of animation, and cuts to black at the end.
- One promotional variant has the logo cut at the very end to reveal a satellite shot of the earth. When this specific promo ends, it fades into the logo with the ABC logo turning. This was used from 1991-Mid 1994.
- Another promotional variant has the logo slowly fade in from black at the start. Near the end, the logo slowly fades onto an orange background, where it is now a scribble-like drawing. Different styles of patterns also fade in on each corner of the logo, where they rapidly change patterns. These features continue throughout the promo. This was used from Mid 1994-2000.
- Yet another promotional variant had the logo play out normally until the music finishes. When it does finish, the logo gets zapped by lightning, the normal background is changed into different TV Show clips with specific genres. Nature, Drama, Comedy, Sport, Lifestyles, Music, Opera, Dance and Celebration in that order. When the promo nears the end, the logo does its normal animation. The same promo can be seen on DVDs but it can sometimes be in the 16:9 Aspect Ratio. This was used from 2000-2006.
Technique: Same as its TV counterpart.
Music/Sounds: Same as its TV counterpart, but without any other sound effects.
- On earlier VHS releases from 1991-1993, and on the 2000-2006 promo variant, the music doesn't start until the textile background starts moving, and the glass fades in before the first note of the horn section of the fanfare.
- On most VHS releases from 1993-1998, the music starts after the logo fades in from black, and the glassy ABC lissajous appears at the second note of the horn section of the fanfare.
- On the 1994-2000 promo variant, the music has an echo effect added when the logo fades onto the orange background and changes into a scribble-like drawing.
Availability: Common. Seen on all Aussie PAL releases of the period.
- Two of the earliest releases to use the logo are the Festival Video releases of Fireman Sam: Treasure Hunt and The World of David the Gnome: David to the Rescue!.
- It can also be seen on 1996-2005 BBC Video releases they distributed after the Roadshow Entertainment logo of the time, with Wallace & Gromit: A Grand Day Out, and Wallace & Gromit: A Close Shave being some of the first tapes to use this logo.
- Starting in 1999, this logo appeared at the end of their releases in place of the Roadshow logo.
- This logo was also used on their earlier DVD releases, such as The Wiggles: Wiggly TV and Nature's Landscapes.
- It also appears at the end of periodical Playhouse Disney airings of The Wiggles: Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas, likely because they used a VHS master of it.
- This also showed up at the end of the Hong Kong DVD of The Wiggles: Wiggly Safari, and on American prints of the Bananas in Pyjamas VHS tapes, likely because they use their original masters from the Australian releases.
- Some tapes that used the 1991-Mid 1994 promo variant were The Best Bits of The Late Show, and Nature's Landscapes.
- The 2000-2006 promo variant (16:9 version) makes a surprise appearance on the 2010 re-issues of Kath & Kim Series 1-2, because they used masters from the original releases.
- One of the final VHS releases to use this logo was The Wiggles: Here Comes the Big Red Car which was released in 2006.
- This logo was absent at the beginning of the 1998 VHS tape of The Wiggles: Toot Toot! after the G rating (as the ABC for Kids logo was taking it's place after it), and on two of The Adventures of Tintin tapes (Cigars of the Pharaoh and Tintin in Tibet), and the New Zealand VHS releases of two Noddy's Toyland Adventures tapes, Noddy And the Kite and Noddy The Champion.
||ABC Video (Australia)||