Did Aaron's Way used the Bonnie Raskin Ice Cream logo from what I can see it didn't let me know https://youtu.be/OpytF-UYbp8
Have you ever seen on and radio host Larry King dies at the age of 87.
Best-known baseball player Hank Aaron, also dies at the age of 86.
Dustin Diamond who played on Saved by the Bell as "Screech" has died of cancer at age 44
The 5th Buena Vista Television has listed its debut as September 13, 1997 but I have an airing of Mary Poppins from May 17, 1997 that uses the 5th logo so did it debut earlier? https://youtu.be/HBB4q-TTRns
The Canadian actor Christopher Plummer has died at the age of 91
I would to see a CLG style wiki on PC and Internet logos? Maybe there could be a spinoff wiki like that someday soon?
I made a fan based website called Consumer Electronics Wiki! If anyone from the CLG Wiki community would like to use it and expand it feel free to do so! Here's the link: https://cewiki.miraheze.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop
RIP Olivier Jean-Marie (1960 - 2021). Put it on the Remembers.
on the main page there is a disclaimer saying: "The Closing Logo Group, CLG, and other related indicia are properties of Worldwide Brotherhood Corporation"
it has been there ever since i joined back in the wf days and seems to have survived the clg's "grow up and stop acting autistic" campaign. dunno if it was an actual registered company or a pretend one the founder made up, and searching for it on google just leads to this site or something related to this site Etruongs7 (talk) 20:37, 16 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- It's fictional. See Logohub's comment below. (Visit my talk page!) 08:07, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- And don't use "autistic" as an insult. As an autistic person myself, I find it highly offensive. Buzzfan120 (talk) 19:19, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I would like to have a list of logos that have been used for a long time but that are still used to this day! Make a list! Neelyryan95 (talk) 00:17, 14 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I just made a page called "Longest lived logos that are still used today" just now in my user page. Click it here if you want to. Prodigy012 (talk) 18:51, 28 December 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
By all means, I searched “Walking” & all I have is no result for walking entropy. Can you help make a page for me?
Hello, I posted this earlier but I don't think I did it in the right place; are logos used at the end of commercials allowed here? There are several companies in my home country that don't use different logos for their ads (unless they're variants), and I consider them notable. I won't be making the page until I get a response though. Thanks. TheNintendoGuy9009 (talk) 15:54, 6 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Sorry for the late response, but commercial logos do not fall under this wiki's scope. We did have a commercial logos wiki back in WikiFoundry, but that was closed by our former management. Logohub (talk) 11:11, 8 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Ah okay, much appreciated. TheNintendoGuy9009 (talk) 14:27, 9 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
- Closing as successful per overwhelming consensus and self-admission of a good portion of the local bureaucrats that they should be demoted. From this moment on, this wiki no longer has bureaucrats so Stewards will assume the de facto role of bureaucrats while new ones are elected. This wiki is encouraged to first formulate and ratify administrator and bureaucrat policies first before starting any request for administrator or bureaucrat so as to prevent a future incident like this one and to indicate for future Stewards that any policy here is ratified by the community and cannot be violated. Agent Isai (talk) 04:09, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
In light of today's events, I've been asked by the stewards to establish a community consensus on whether to demote the remaining Board members and establish new leadership or leave as-is. Here's the options as I see it:
Option 1: No change. Remaining board members keep their admin rights
Option 2 Demote all board members without blocking and elect new bureaucrats (the latter to occur in a separate discussion should this option pass)
Option 3: Demote all board members and block User:MatthewLMayfield and User:PackMasterFlash for their conduct today, then elect new bureaucrats (the latter to occur in a separate discussion should this option pass)
* Support HibiscusCrown20 (talk) 04:43, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support I don't believe he deserves his right to document here, even for Shadeed over the past years regarding his threats from then, here, and Discord.--Crazy Muzzarino (talk) 04:48, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support Its time for the new genaration. (talk) 11:32, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- You are a stupid, piece of crap who tryed to keep this wiki the same since 2006. ITS NOT 2006 ANYMORE. We need a younger, more better board of admins, who CARE ABOUT THIS WIKI, AND MAKE IT MODERN TILL THE END OF TIME Max1111111 (talk) 03:36, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support As Creator of The Official-Unofficial Dream Logos Wiki I say let's make a change and end this controversy created by MathewLMMayfield Poocian (talk) 02:09, 15 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Option 4 Block and demote all remaining board members and elect new bureaucrats (the latter to occur in a separate discussion should this option pass)
Support It's about time the wiki enters a new era and be more accepting. I hope this will happen NightmareEnterprises
Support You know what? I don't care. Block all of us. We'll find a new home and we'll thrive. This isn't the real CLG Wiki anymore. It's a pretender. Stephen will get the rights back and you'll get stuck with this nothing organization. Hate us all you want. I don't care. Enjoy your stupid "Wiki". We'll thrive again, I guarantee it. Just don't expect to be a part of it when we do --MatthewLMayfield (talk) 04:49, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- what? make a chum bucket version of the clg or something? y'all already showed that all three of you aren't willing to evolve this site with the logo community at large by being so stubborn about using old dated tactics and because of the three of you this site has still no meaningful progression even when we switched owners so why should we bother keeping you guys when y'all aren't willing to at least try to evolve and in fact quite possibly letting this site devolve?????? Mr. Gann (talk) 05:17, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Doubles for Matt being a transphobe (Visit my talk page!) 08:05, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- oh it goes double for that for sure Mr. Gann (talk) 09:30, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- @MatthewLMayfield: What you did last night was something we all like to call an attempted hostile takeover. Your egotism was what lead to your downfall in the first place. It just goes to show your massive ego caused all this damage. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) 12:08, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Dearest Matthew
- You and Stephen have about as much legibility behind claims of ownership over CLG Wiki as Ken Penders has over the entire Sonic the Hedgehog canon post-Archie. Not only have you shown that you can not handle community feedback, but you've also shown pure incompetence as leaders of any community. A leader must not be self-obsessed, discriminatory, or have even the slightest possibility of abusing their power for their own gain. You should've searched for advice of the community on many decisions instead of forming a "board of directors" full of people that otherwise would disregard it, as the community would "not know the true purpose of the Closing Logos Wiki". Surprise, it's an archive dedicated to the perservation and analysis of logos, vanity cards and similar branding types. If you can not even upkeep that, if you can't treat the community with any amount of respect, you do not deserve to run any "organization", whether it has you "thrive again" or not. In fact, it's better that we do not join you on your new "nothing organization". Travis tried to keep his CLG Wiki going after we left, and look at it now, the domain is up for sale and the website isn't even running anymore.
- On that note, why do we even keep old boomers around leading the group like they know anything about newer generations or even what logos are. As it is regarded by many, you're a transphobe in an age where trans people can take down a whole hate forum when they put all their power and minds to it. I can assure you, you will fall the same way if you keep telling yourself that you know better than the rest of the logo community who do not believe in your vision of what this "nothing organization" could be. In fact, what can be regarded as a nothing organization is your fictional World whatever Entertainment, that you keep insisting is real but can not even bother to pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to MAKE it exist.
- Go ahead, register the trademarks, register that domain, do whatever you want, TRY to claim that CLG Wiki was stolen from you. But you will never get back the respect from me or anyone else around here anymore, except for those dumb little toddlers who make GoAnimate Grounded clips of people who gave them reality checks, and the private equity pigs who seek to profit off anything. Thus, you will never get back what made CLG Wiki the CLG Wiki it has been and continues to be. You, sir, are a lolcow.
- Warm regards,
- Pantsmode (talk) 15:40, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- What a sight to see here. I hope that more people will be made aware of this situation so that their new home will fail and this place will become ANYTHING but nothing.
- Very pathetic behavior. LogoDatabase (talk) 16:40, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Dearest Matthew
- OK, boomer.
- Warmest Regard
- Ile of Tynwald (talk) 09:09, 13 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support It's not just Matt and Shadeed who are acting very arrogant. Cezar too. This site needs users who not only care about the wiki, but also its community as well. The old BOD members did not show that, doing selfish acts without asking or warning everyone else and blocking others who disapprove of their intentions. Yet the thing they're missing here is consideration for others and being active in cleaning up, expanding, and protecting the wiki from vandals and sockpuppeteers. More recent admins such as HB, Hibiscus, and Logohub have demonstrated their care for the wiki more than the BOD members have. Users like Matt and Shadeed seem to make decisions based on their grievances, whether it'd be flipping out over the promotion of one "unapproved" user or getting heat over unsourced images.
Not to mention the things they are planning, as well as did, violates many rules here on the CLG Wiki, going from duplicating the site (It won't be on Miraheze but still), VERY uncivil behavior with their handling of the controversy, attacking members of the LGBT community, and failing to treat everyone equally by calling us all "disobedient little children". How ironic is that? The harsh thing about humans is they are willing to insult others for doing unforgiving acts, but they do the same thing and are not regretful of that. I've also seen many others unwilling to take criticism and shame others for "attacking them personally" or mock them by saying it's like whining like a little baby. In this case, we're being silenced for voicing strong opposition against this "new direction". Apparently, they did not listen to our complaints and never specified what this direction has and instead stand that they're being truthful and helpful to the wiki.
Much like how these BOD members are "starting over" with a new wiki, so should this reorganized board with bureaucrats who are actually active in stopping ongoing threats such as vandalism and sockpuppetry as well as show a considerate spirit to make editing and discussing on this wiki a more welcoming place. Camenati (talk) 05:24, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support As a wiki-dweller, the current state of the BOD is awfully concerning. A brutal BOD is an authoritative one, one that a community doesn't need. CLG is not a business. It's a community. User:TheAmigo67(chat)
Support I don't fully know what is going on, but all of this scares me. It's terrifying. I have never trusted SLN since the grooming allegations came out, but now it is clear that he is far from our only problematic leader. A lot of the things Matthew has been saying tonight are especially disgusting. Hope you guys have fun with your knock-off wiki that is against our own rules on duplication. We will remain the true wiki, and even if you [REDACTED]s force us to rename, whatever we come up with will be better than the weird acronym of "CLG". Anyways, on a tangently related note, trans rights are human rights. User:AlmightyKingPrawn(chat)
Support Oh yeah, I'm going with this. The Board of Directors was a failure from the start and it being carried over to Miraheze was a huge mistake, not to mention that ever since Matthew has been on the fritz of being a transphobe, things have been rather wary around here. I still would like the site to be fixed of its missing descriptions and documentation priorities, not to mention updating every page to be in-line with the current styling, but what those guys were going to do....it wouldn't be pretty. And this is coming from someone who was a moderator who's witnessed the event that caused them to come into existance. Makes ya think. Thisisanswer
Support Sorry for my recent inactivity due to college, but from what I can gather about this whole situation.. Yeah, we don't need an authoritarian transphobe to run this wiki. And this is something I've been wanting to say, but we don't really need a fictional company with a private and vague BOD with unclear motives to specify and dictate what we, as a community, should do. I (and many others I'm sure) really wanted this wiki to be a more positive environment, for all of us. And after all this is a wiki about logos. LOGOS. This is a logo wiki, not a country, not a business. No need to make things more complicated than it already was. It's time for this wiki to enter a new era. An era where the community drives progress, as a wiki should be. Logohub (talk) 07:45, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Honestly agree with this so much. Matthew is such a pathetic person. Even if he starts a new wiki, it would fail pretty quickly. CLGW1K1R8CKS (talk) 16:14, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support I can only watch from the sidelines for so long. Paraphrasing what I said to Shadeed in Matt's talk page, the reason why the community is so vocal about the board's demotion is because Matt, Shadeed, Stephen and some other guy who does diddly-squat on the wiki itself still decides in private about how they want to move forward. NOBODY on the wiki knows what this recurring threat about "cleaning house" meant because all the details they'd released have been extremely vague. I just want a CLG that makes its final decisions in a way that can be known about throughout the entire community. We need new blood, fresh blood that can "get the program" faster than the old guard. I can't believe I used to look up to these guys.
Look at Nickstory Archives and their spinoffs, they're the perfect example of a community-based leadership based on a similar interest on archiving. They elect people based on how mature they are + how active they are on the wiki. They don't need a fictitious holding company made up of few people who barely interact with the community making all the rules. Having a community-run CLG Wiki would be incredibly revolutionary and would mark a new, bold era for the website. One that's made up of actually-active admins like Hibiscus, Logohub and hb1290. No one person or "worldwide brotherhood corporation" should own the CLG Wiki, we don't need a single leader we can look to. The Closing Logos Group follows the people, it doesn't follow the leader.
If anybody from the BoD is reading this, let it be known that you guys are positioning yourselves like DLC and Travis. In the former's case, you were abusing your power just like he did and made rash decisions just so everyone could "get with the program", thus making you extremely unpopular with the userbase and get banned to kingdom come. And in the latter's case, you were so afraid of the platform moving on without you that you played yourself as the victim, blaming everyone else for thankless service, claiming your "company" has exclusive rights to the content (which btw, is against our policy. they aren't on life support like WikiFoundry was), and burning all bridges on your way out. Bravo. I'm glad you guys are gone, we don't need your old way of thinking anymore. It isn't 2007 anymore. It's not 2015 either. Supermarty-O is long gone. LogicSmash isn't the top name in logo uploads anymore. We've moved on. When will you?
I can assure you that in a few years time, people will look to the Board of Directors the way we look at The DLC Organization now. Get with the program. FryLetterman (talk) 08:50, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- LogicSmash is still active on uploading videos tho. One of my later page creations has a recent video from LogicSmash. (Visit my talk page!) 09:16, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support I am extremely disappointed in the behavior from the BoD all around, and I dunno who to be disappointed with most: Matthew for his egotism, sense of superiority, and bigotry, or Stephen despite the obvious flaws in the plan (and ignoring Matt's bigotry). I was kinda considering just those two getting the boot and the other board members being demoted, but given they're all leaving to make their own thing (good luck with that, guys), that probably already happened by default. I was watching it all unfold because I REALLY didn't feel like engaging in the whole thing, but I decided it was time to throw in my two cents. Whether or not this site has to be renamed to something like "The Miraheze Logo Wiki" or something, it WILL move on and see another day. --CooleyBoy10 (talk) 13:23, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support on behalf of an anonymous editor. HibiscusCrown20 (talk) 13:41, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support Originally I was only just wanting Matthew and Shadeed to be blocked, but further considering CezarWBC's attempt at backstabbing hb1290 on Meta by lying to Steward Agent Isai about hb planning the wheel-warring when he did not and now after seeing CuriousGeorge60's attempt at wheel-warring and trying to reblock me and hb, it's become abundantly clear to me that most, if not almost all of the Board of Directors members (except you, Snelfu, you're cool) are childish, powerhungry tyrants who are every bit as bad as the logokids they oh-so fear, can't handle an inkling of criticism towards their decisions and generally should've been disestablished a LONG time ago. Honestly, they are just about or exactly every ounce as bad as Travis was. Kick 'em off here. HibiscusCrown20 (talk) 22:21, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support Before I will tell my reasons, I'm beyond sorry for being inactive. I wasn't as interested in logos as I once was, and I have to deal with a lot of stuff.
Anyways, I support this because there are a bunch of users that are either great, or not very much. Putting in more/new bureaucrats is another step for the wiki and might even improve the Wiki because of all of the users that deserve this due to their trustworthiness among other reasons. And another thing, it looks like Matthew is not going to do much to the wiki anymore. And on top of that, it looks pretty official to everyone. So this ain't very long, but I still support it. This is TVB, signing out for a while... TVB (talk) 00:04, 15 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- @CezarWBC2020:, @CuriousGeorge60:, @PackMasterFlash:, @Snelfu:, @SonicoleyD83:, you are all invited to comment on this, provided you are civil. You are free to argue your points against this revocation if you wish. Otherwise, this request, as it stands, will be successful. Agent Isai (talk) 02:33, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Thank you, Agent Isai. First off, I would like to apologize on behalf of the aforementioned admins for their actions. I only found out about this earlier today through another wiki, so it's a lot to take in. I do not condone their misconduct against fellow admins who have clearly been doing their very best to keep the wiki thriving. I am proud of the accomplishments made by Ethan, TU15 and the rest of the administration here. You have stepped up and taken the mantle of maintaining a safe environment for everyone to enjoy. What you guys went through could have been dealt with differently. I truly believe that all members here working together can make a difference in the logo community. There is no room for discrimination. To all you CLG Wiki contributors, thank you for all you do. Snelfu (talk) 03:44, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Thank you for this, snelfu. Talk · Edits 04:03, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- THANK YOU!!!! Sorry for the excessive formatting on that thanks, but I'm so glad that there's actually somebody on the Board of Directors who actually cares about and is proud of the other admins and users on here and is willing to point out how wrong the actions of the other BoD members were during this. HibiscusCrown20 (talk) 04:48, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Thank you, Snelfu, your level-headedness is EXTREMELY refreshing given what's been happening lately. CooleyBoy10 (talk) 17:23, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Ok.....I'm just going to be blunt about the entire thing and y'all can take my words and take them as constructive criticism, or y'all can be sensitive about it like the rest of society. Point blank period, the "Agent" dude did the wrong thing by demoting Matt because all Matt was doing was cleaning house of people that was basically neglecting the website by leaving blank pages, posting not related content on the site and so on. As I have told people over the years about the CLG and I will say it again: The CLG is about the LOVE of closing logos, the history about them, and, most importantly, the perseveration of the logos, no matter where it comes from. Being honest, the site has been going down in flames since the huge incident happened back in 2015. I was actually sad and pissed off when that happened because I thought we had this site running like a well-oiled ship.......guess I was wrong. What needs to happen is for everyone to join together and put your pride aside and get this site back running like the well-oiled ship it once was. All this petty arguing over power and what is allowed and what isn't every hour or 2 is just plain wrong. If you can't put your pride aside, then maybe you're in the wrong business (or won't run your own business outside the CLG......just saying). Hope I'm not stepping on any toes, just being blunt about the whole thing and telling what the Lord loves: THE TRUTH! Thank you for your time and have a blessed one. SonicoleyD83 (talk) 04:11, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- I will leave this website on peaceful terms, ONLY IF this website is renamed. I have the rights to the CLG name, likeness and logo since it was passed on to me. That's the only way you guys will ever have a peaceful transition of power. Stephen C. 03:12, 11 September 2022 (UTC)
- Based on the comments from you guys yesterday we expected this might be the case. We’ve already been considering ideas for a new identity on discord. Of course an on-wiki discussion on what exactly this should look like will occur once the new leadership is confirmed. Talk · Edits 03:19, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Alright. Good then. Stephen C. 04:22, 11 September 2022 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
I will say one more thing before I go. I really did want to work with you all. We really did appreciate all the contributions you founded, we really did. And we could have worked together really well, I thought. But I guess it's not meant to be. I just hope all of you will grow up one day and understand how the real world works. But keep drowning in all your so-called, triggers, your stupid pronouns, the weird-ass gender stuff, the self-righteousness we've been dealing with since 2015. all that. You're all weak. All of you. And if you want to play dirty, then fine, play your stupid games. But just remember, you poke at the bull too much, you will get reamed, you'll see one day. You'll see. Enjoy your Wiki. Good-bye forever. --MatthewLMayfield (talk) 05:07, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Trans rights are human rights. :) HibiscusCrown20 (talk) 05:11, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Bye! (Visit my talk page!) 09:12, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Well, you're gone now, so my words mean nothing. But I will ask WHY somebody's gender identity matters to you so much, especially on a wiki about documenting logos.
- Good luck on the "new" CLG. CooleyBoy10 (talk) 13:25, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Matthew's comment seems like a child throwing a fit. Just saying. CLGW1K1R8CKS (talk) 16:26, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- OK, boomer!
- Hey MatthewLMayfield Try us. Even if you asked, HB1290 wouldn't accept you as an admin, I wouldn't ether. You will be seen as a wannabe, a fraud, a idiot, a power abuser & a nobody. You are the one who's weak. You are not a god, You are someone who thinks he's better than everyone. Your "new" CLG Wiki will be seen as a Copy, a Fake & a rip off. Everyone has rights. Everyone on This wiki, Company Bumpers & Dream Logos will see you as someone who was never needed. See you Never. Poocian (talk) 02:03, 15 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- He's baack! (Visit my talk page!) 02:13, 15 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
CuriousGeorge60 blocked HibiscusCrown20 and HB1290 indefinitely and unblocked Matthew L Mayfield, against Miraheze stewards.
If pointing this out is how I go out, then so long partners... AlmightyKingPrawn (talk) 21:43, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Jeez... (Visit my talk page!) 23:58, 10 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Don't worry, Agent Isai has undone me and Hb's blocks and has also made it so that the BoD won't be able to promote, demote or block anyone anymore until this discussion comes to a close! HibiscusCrown20 (talk) 00:01, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Oh my...
- At least it's undone. TVB (talk) 00:09, 15 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
i have started a thread discussing the future of this wiki: Forum:Preparing for a new CLG Wiki Max1111111 (talk) 04:53, 11 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Please contribute to this thread! There's some really good ideas on it to improve the wiki. XanderG (talk) 23:09, 13 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Seriously, this is meant to be a logo wiki and all I hear is drama going on with the admins. This whole drama feels like something you would see the Miraheze reception wikis/Qualitipedia do. Oh well, it's the internet so there we go, moving on back to editing and creating pages like I normally do. I'm not angry or anything, just unhappy with it all. Luigitehplumber (talk) 17:42, 14 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
- Closing as successful per overwhelming consensus in favor. Bureaucrat policy is created and Administrator policy is ratified by virtue of RfA being codified by bureaucrat policy and the new modification to current administrator election practices. Agent Isai (talk) 00:03, 22 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
With the vote to remove the board closed and successful, it's time to decide how this wiki will be run going forward. Below I've worked up a model policy based on Meta:Bureaucrats and Wikipedia:Bureaucrats. I have set up a vote below. Feel free to suggest any further additions under the Comments heading. Talk · Edits 06:00, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Bureaucrats are users with advanced permissions beyond that of a typical administrator. They have the ability to add or revoke administrative tools and access to wiki configuration options via Special:ManageWiki. The role of bureaucrats are as follows:
- Determine consensus on RFCs and forum posts pertaining to wiki decisions
- Decide and carry out the outcome of requests at CLG:RFA and CLG:RFR.
- Remove the admin rights of any user determined by the community to be unfit to have such tools.
Users can request bureaucrat rights at CLG:RFA subject to the edit requirements denoted there. Requests for bureaucrat rights will remain open for 7 days and those applying must have an 80% support ratio.
Bureaucrat rights can be revoked if a request of no confidence is opened and more than 50% of the vote is in favor of removal. They will also be removed if the user's adminship is removed at any time either by community vote or voluntary resignation.
To align with this policy and other similar policies on WP and Miraheze, I also propose that the voting period for RFA be reduced from 2 months to 7 days (2 months was way too long anyway) and a requiremment for a 70% rate of votes in support be implemented for RFAs to be considered successful.
Support Way better than a board-of-directors, which isn't really needed for a community. This, if anything, is an outline of what could be beneficial for the Wiki going forward. TheAmigo67 (Wanna talk?)
- I think this would be a good alternative to the board of directors, which was a really pointless thing to have for a mostly niche community like this.
- We just need to make sure the right people are chosen and it should be good, even vital for the future of the wiki DevinStudios (talk) 06:41, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support Agreed. It's time to take it to the next level, as a team! Snelfu (talk) 06:53, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support This is one great idea. Like it! (Visit my talk page!) 08:19, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support I love this idea, and, of course, I much prefer it over the BoD. Nova (talk) 13:06, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support I'm all for this! HibiscusCrown20 (talk) 15:40, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support You have my support. AnimeTVLogos (talk) 21:28, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support Sounds good to me. It's time to let the people have a say. BoyOnTheMoon (talk) 22:03, 16 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support A bureaucracy reflects a community wiki more than a BoD. Logohub (talk) 03:21, 17 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support I'd be down with this. Thisisanswer
Support Not much to say, but is one of the best ideas for the wiki. TVB (talk) 16:38, 17 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support We need to have better administration here, so I'm up for it.--Crazy Muzzarino (talk) 23:43, 17 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support Cassie Grandstaff (talk) 00:31, 18 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support I have been watching and observing these wikis since 2014 - 2016. This whole nonsense broke the wikis back then, and now we need to adopt to modern standards. I have not edited much, but I still am a forever member of this community.
I like to think you all, and make sure this Authoritarian issue doesn't happen again.
JrStudios (talk) 13:05, 19 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support That is good idea for it. I have my support for this! FeMC/Minako Arisato (talk) 04:59, 18 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support That should be. I agree. User:Timpbskid23 5:41, 18 September 2022 (UTC), 8:41, 18 September 2022 (EEST, my timezone)
Support I agree with this! User:Thesquidgeeks 7:23, 18 September 2022 (UTC)
Support Biggest yes of my life!!! User:BootScreenFanatic 1:00 PM, 18 September 2022
Support This is a once-in-a-lifetime big, anticipated change for this wiki. I, alongside the others, support this idea. (talk)
Support I'm definitely in favor of the Bureaucrat model, as well as of candidates requiring supermajority support in order to be assigned. That should keep things well in order. I haven't been around all that much until recently but it looks like the previous leadership format was rather incomprehensible before the purge. Toron Beldevar (talk) 15:36, 18 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said, really. AlmightyKingPrawn (talk)
Support It will be a far better idea! --DisneyInternationalFan (talk) 18:19, 19 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support I TOTALLY agree with this! --User:RSX-798 00:54, 20 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Support this is a much more necessary way to actually address the issues this site has, not by very few people who thinks they know better but a strong community that can guide this website into meaningful progress moving forward. User:Mr. Gann 9:23 PM, September 19, 2022 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
I think the abolition of the Board of Directors is a good opportunity to simplify the confusing user group structure to just six groups:
- Confirmed users
What are your thoughts on this? --Pingu (talk) 07:04, 17 September 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
No need for confirmed users. User:Timpbskid23 8:24, 18 September 2022 (UTC), 11:24, 18 September 2022 (EEST, my timezone)